A Weight Loss Study for Diabetes Prevention
- Would you like to participate in a 6-month nutrition study?
- Would you like to lose weight?
- Are you concerned about your diabetes risk?
We will investigate whether daily consumption of feijoa whole fruit powder alters risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
You will be required to:
- Visit the Human Nutrition Unit, in Mt Eden, 7 times
- Follow the low energy, Cambridge weight-loss diet for 8-weeks
- Complete a 4-month weight maintenance programme
- Consume feijoa whole fruit powder or placebo matched powder every day for six months
If you are located in Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland area), you may be eligible if you:
- Have elevated blood glucose but are not diabetic (we can check this for you)
- Are between 18-70 years
- Are overweight or obese (this is calculated by your height and weight)
- Are happy to participate in an 6-month weight loss study
- Are happy to consume feijoa whole fruit powder or matched placebo powder every day for six months
- Are happy to complete 7 visits to the Human Nutrition Unit
You will be compensated for your time.
IMPORTANT: You cannot participate in the study if you have already been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
To sign up for the study, click here
If you have any further questions please visit our FAQ page
If you would like to learn more about this study, please contact us:
Phone: 09 630 1162
Statement of ethics approval:
This study has been approved by the Southern Health and Disability Ethics Committee (2022 EXP 12032)